If you’re going to start your own business after maternity leave or want to retrain, you may be looking for ways to save on your salary. Here are some tips:
- Low cost lunches: look at what you have been spending on coffee, snacks and lunch while at work. You will be able to make savings there if working from home. Watch out for the cost of meeting other mums for coffee though!
- Working wardrobe: if you have had to wear suits to work, you may be able to make savings on work clothes. If you have a bit more time, you may be able to make more use of sales when you DO need more clothes.
- Save by cooking: if you have been used to popping ready meals in the oven or eating out every evening, you will be able to save by cooking from scratch. It is healthier too. Check out the latest supermarket deals over at www.mealsavers.co.uk.
- If you have a bit more time you will be able to collect vouchers to put towards days out and holidays. I know several mums who fund great holidays in Europe with Tesco Vouchers – even if I rarely manage to save that many myself.
- Make the switch: visit sites like www.uswitch.com to check that you are paying as little as possible for your utilities and phone bills. An insurance broker or site like www.moneysupermarket.com can help you save on insurance too.
You will find that, with a little more time in the home there are lots more ways to save. Check out www.moneysavingexpert.com to get ideas from a dedicated band of moneysavers. If you have a great idea, please share it here.