To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the novel of the same name, Barbara Taylor Bradford is launching a campaign to find fabulous British Women of Substance. In association with The Daily Express, P&O Cruises, Debenhams, and in support of Target Ovarian Cancer, Barbara is encouraging you to nominate women who deserve special recognition and are true examples of women of substance.
The awards are for women, living and/or working in the UK, who may have done one of the following:
- Strived to achieved their life goals while overcoming a host of hurdles;
- Gone on to better their lives, even when everyone else was saying they would fail;
- Fought for what is right and achieved what she set out to do;
- Worked hard to create a business from scratch;
- Created opportunities for women to succeed in life – personally and professionally;
- Achieved success (personal or professional) when faced with real adversity;
- Kept their families together when faced with hardship/tragedy through sheer hard work and determination.
In essence, the award is to recognise ordinary women who do extraordinary things be it in their home and with their family, in the area they live in, in the work that they do. The awards will be open to women aged 18 who live and/or work in the UK so enter now.