Business Link is helping businesses to understand how the postal strike could impact on them, and is offering practical advice on contingency planning. The Business Link website has just launched a dedicated webpage with ideas on what businesses can do to mitigate any disruptions to their operations.
Businesses are encouraged to check this webpage at www.businesslink.gov.uk/postalstrike for practical tips and links to other sources of useful information. If you do need to use the Royal Mail during the strike, Business Link suggests that you consider:
- contacting your customers to let them know that their goods may be delayed
- taking outgoing mail to a Post Office as it is more likely to be collected there than from a post box
- sending post by Special Delivery or by courier – but check with Post Office staff that these services are running
- using alternative businesses to deliver items to customers
- paying bills online or at banks, building societies and Post Offices as late payment may result in interest charges or penalties.