I was tagged by the lovely @findenjoyshare of FamiliesRecommend to tell you 7 things you didn’t know about me . It isn’t easy to do this – I’m always telling ‘my story’ to people,which rules out most of the last sveen years. I also found it all too easy to tell you ‘seven foods I like’ …. which wasn’t the question. So, just 2 mentions of comestibles in my 7 things you didn’t know about me:
1. I love curry. My all time favourite food which I got hooked on when …
2. I lived in Bradford. I was there for 4 years and had a fabulous time. It was only when I moved down to Oxford that I realised how cold it is up there ALL the time!
3. I love coffee. It probably beats curry in the list of ‘things that make Antonia happy’. Which is a shame because it’s not one of the things recommended by…
4. The naturopath who is largely responsible for me having three kids. I struggled to conceive DD and DS1, but got advice, totally changed my diet and conceived DS2 within a month. I wish I’d met her 10 years ago.
5. I love Ben Goldacre… but not in that way. He is brilliant at exposing just how badly the media reports on science. Especially MMR. I aspire to be able to analyse health research as well as he does AND make it a great read. You can add him to the list of ‘things that make Antonia happy’.
6. I love writing. Oh, no, you know that already. I used to think that after I’d cracked writing non-fiction I wanted to get my fiction published. Now, I’m not bothered. There are just so many things I want to write about as non-fiction books that all thoughts of fiction have gone out of my head. This may change when I get more time.
7. Another writing one … I also write poetry, very occasionally. This is NOT very compatible with having small children. But it is on the list of ‘things that make Antonia happy’ so I’ll spend more time doing it one day. I have no wish to publish it though.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this. I”m tagging @KatieRodinsky, Emma at Playpennies, Nat and Alison at Self Employed Mum and my lovely collaborators on 2 exciting new projects, Erica of LittleMummy and Helen of Business Plus Baby – tell us all ladies!