Driving to the shops to buy presents, sending the Christmas cards, cleaning the house in preparation for your guests…there are so many tasks to complete in the run up to Christmas that many of us don’t have the time to consider the impact of our festive carbon footprint.
But never fear – Ecover has come up with some simple tips on how to inject a little ‘green’ into your Christmas without breaking the bank or spoiling any of the festive fun!
1) Get some eco in your Christmas wardrobe – why not rock the office Christmas party eco-style this festive season? Visit www.britishfashioncouncil.co.uk for a list of eco fashion labels
2) Use the newly formulated Ecover Washing Powder or newly packaged Concentrated Laundry Liquid and Fabric Softener – perfect for taking good care of your eco party dress and kind to the water system too
3) Buying a real tree? Visit the Forest Stewardship Council website to make sure your precious pine has been farmed sustainably – www.fsc-uk.org
4) e-Christmas cards – why not try Facebook, Twitter or email rather than snail mail to send your seasons greetings?
5) Recycled wrapping paper is a really easy way to score ‘green’ points at Christmas and doesn’t cost the earth. Try the selection at www.ethicalsuperstore.com
6) Banish those stains – red wine, gravy, cranberry sauce stains are rife on Christmas day. Remove them with ease Ecover’s Stain Remover – so effective it’s been awarded a Which? Best Buy
7) Turn off the fairy lights at times when you are out of the house or in bed – it’s both safe and energy efficient!
8) Treat your guests to some eco luxury – pop some Ecover Hand Wash in the bathroom and try Ecover Room Fragrance to keep your house smelling fresh
9) Travel together – try car sharing with friends and family or taking the bus to the shops to do your Christmas shopping
10) Once you’ve filled up on turkey, yorkshire puddings and brussel sprouts, wash the dishes with Ecover Washing Up Liquid – you can even use your grey water to feed the Christmas tree!
For details on stockists of the Ecover products mentioned visit www.ecover.com and have yourself a very merry green Christmas!