Have you got money saved up for a rainy day? I can safely say that every month we seem to have one thing or another that needs extra funds, so here are my 5 tips for helping you cope:
- Try and save! It sounds simple, but is often hard to do when everything costs so much. Just a few pounds away each week can help. Put it in an easy access savings account just in case.
- Shop around to save on regular outgoings like utility bills. Visit sites like uswitch or check out Which? for advice on cheaper fuel and phone bills.
- Work out the ‘unexpected’ bills that come up every year. Things like road tax can make a nasty dent in the monthly budget so put a little aside each month.
- If you are self employed, save for tax as you go along. I try to save at least a third of each month’s income so I don’t get any nasty surprises when it comes to pay the tax bill.
- Read about more ways to save money at blogs like Baby Budgeting. Becky always has family friendly inspiration to help you save.