- Try and save! It sounds simple, but is often hard to do when everything costs so much. Just a few pounds away each week can help. Put it in an easy access savings account just in case.
- Shop around to save on regular outgoings like utility bills. Visit sites like uswitch or check out Which? for advice on cheaper fuel and phone bills.
- Work out the ‘unexpected’ bills that come up every year. Things like road tax can make a nasty dent in the monthly budget so put a little aside each month.
- If you are self employed, save for tax as you go along. I try to save at least a third of each month’s income so I don’t get any nasty surprises when it comes to pay the tax bill.
- Read about more ways to save money at blogs like Baby Budgeting. Becky always has family friendly inspiration to help you save.
Written ByFamily Friendly Working
More from Family Friendly Working
Name of Business: My business is called bigbooklittlebookcardboardbox – a green, affordable...Read More