Father’s day is fast approaching and if you have yet to think of what to create, why not get the kids to make some personalised cupcakes? Whether he’s in to golf, football, rugby, cars or fishing – there are a variety of cupcake moulds and toppers to give your cupcakes a professional and personal finish, sure to impress this father’s day.
Basic cupcake recipe
For 12 delicious vanilla cupcakes use the following ingredients and bake for 15 minutes;
- 110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
Decorating your cupcakes
The team at www.makebake.co.uk have kindly shared their top tips for creating easy and effective themed father’s day cupcakes;
If your father enjoys a good round of golf, treat him to personalised golf cupcakes on his special day. To create golf themed cupcakes, follow these simple steps;
- Bake your cupcakes and leave to rest /cool before decorating.
- Using a piping bag, cover your cupcakes in green icing – then using a fork, gently push the fork prongs into the icing to create the effect of grass.
- Crush digestive biscuits into crumbs and sprinkle in the centre of the cupcake to create the look of a sand bunker.
- Roll a small piece of white fondant into a ball and using a fork, create small holes so the fondant resembles a golf ball – and place in the centre of the biscuits.
- Create a small flag using a toothpick and triangle of white paper, adding to the cupcake as a finishing touch.
For avid football fans, football cupcakes are a tasty treat for father’s day;
- Bake your cupcakes and leave to rest / cool before decorating.
- Cover your cupcakes in icing (preferably the colour of your fathers favorite team)
- Add football cupcake toppers to each individual cake for a professional and effective finish.
- For retro football cupcakes, why not add miniature footballers and goal cake decorations to the top of each cupcake!
Fishing cupcakes are great father’s day surprise, perfect for dad to take along to enjoy on his next fishing trip;
- Once cooled, cover your cupcakes in blue icing, using a piping bag to add a textured water effect.
- Using these great silicone cake moulds, press the mould onto fondant or marzipan to easily create effective (and tasty) fishing themed cupcake topper – we love the cute “Gone Fishing” sign.
- Finish your cupcakes with a dusting of icing sugar, adding the the water effect.
We hope you have a great time creating themed cupcakes, and for more cake decorating supplies, visit www.makebake.co.uk