Direct Blinds began three years ago as part of Swift Blinds – a family window blind manufacturing business- that was founded more than 40 years ago. Here Nick Swift shares his tips. The issues and problems are much the same now as they were 40 years ago when the Internet was not even a twinkle. Juggling the family and work balance is critical because the business is also “your baby”.
- Being able to work from home as easy as you can be in the office. Technology makes that possible today.
- Plan days when you work from home around family commitments that can’t be changed.
- Try and set meetings during school hours as there will be less of a chance that there will be conflict with an “out of school emergency”.
- Prioritise one day a week where you are able to leave the office at 5pm because it will be impossible the rest of the time.
- If like me, two people were involved, then that is easier. However if not, a “partnership’’ with your partner is key for both working parents.