The summer holidays are here, and for busy mums and dads having the kids at home can add a bit of work, especially where meal times are concerned. With an extra five home meals a week during the holidays, it is easy to run out of inspiration and time and costs can start adding up.
To help keep the kids well fed this summer, watch chef, writer of five cook books and busy mum of two, Jo Pratt cooking up one of her favourite and quickest recipes, which you can recreate at home without breaking the bank. Watch Jo make Asian Saucy Salmon on Oodles of Noodles, a blend of ginger, garlic,soy,sweet chilli and Gold from Flora.
Watch our video with Jo Pratt, and keep the whole family well fed for under £15 this summer
This is such a simple dish to prepare and better still there is very little washing up afterwards. Gold from Flora is flavoured with aromatic ginger, chilli and garlic and spread over fillets of salmon sat on a bed of super healthy fresh veggies. As it bakes all of the flavours cook into the fish keeping it super juicy and full of flavour and the steam in the parcels cook the veg to perfection. Served with noodles and fresh seeded bread spread with Gold from Flora, you simply have a delicious meal in no time at all without much effort.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Skill level: Easy
60g Gold from Flora
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned, about 150g each
- 400g fresh stir fry vegetables
- 4 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 250g-300g dried egg noodles
- 20g Gold from Flora
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- crusty seeded bread, spread with Gold from Flora
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Place a baking sheet in the oven to pre-heat.
- Put the 60g Gold from Flora in a small bowl and mix together with the garlic, and ginger. Spread equal amounts over the top of each salmon fillet.
- Tear 4 long sheets of foil from the roll each measuring approximately 30x60cm. Fold in half to give you a square and seal two of edges by folding/scrunching together, giving you a parcel with one open edge. Repeat until you have 4 parcels.
- Divide the mixed vegetables between the four parcels, cutting any thicker vegetables such as baby corn or baby carrots in half or quarters first, to ensure even cooking.
- Sit a salmon fillet on top of the vegetables in each parcel then pour over the soy sauce and rice wine, sherry or stock. Seal the top of the parcels, making sure there are no gaps for any steam to escape then place on the pre-heated baking sheet for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain and immediately toss in the 20g Gold by Flora, which will melt over the noodles.
- Remove the parcels from the oven and split each one open directly onto plates. Scatter with fresh coriander and serve with the hot noodles. For added flavour, serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over and the seeded bread.
For more recipe inspiration and tips from Jo please visit: www.goldfromflora.com