Shining a spotlight on women executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations run by women, theStevie® Awards for Women in Business announces the results of its 2014 competition.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition produced by the creators of the prestigious International Business Awards and American Business Awards. The Stevie is widely considered to be the world’s premier business award.
With more than 400 businesswomen and their guests in attendance, the awards were announced at a gala dinner at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Nations represented at the event include Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, India, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, the Philippines, South Africa, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the U.S.A. and Venezuela. The presentations were broadcast live across the U.S.A. by Biz Talk Radio.
More than 1,200 nominations from organizations and individuals in 22 nations were submitted to the awards this year for consideration in categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Best New Company of the Year, among others. More than 160 professionals around the world participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and then the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements.
Notable Stevie Award winners from the United Kingdom this year include:
- Michelle Wright, CEO, Cause4, London, United Kingdom, Woman of the Year – Business Services, Non-Profit Organization
- Emily Kettle, Managing Director, Facts International, Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom, Female Executive of the Year – Business Services
- Infant and Toddler Forum ‘Tot It Up’ toddler food calculator app, Infant & Toddler Forum, London, United Kingdom, Smartphone or Tablet App of the Year – Health Products and Services
- Karen Jones, Founder and CEO, Jones Publishing (Citywealth), London, United Kingdom, Women Helping Women, Business Services
- Katie Peate, Project Director, Reading Room, Manchester, United Kingdom, Woman of the Year – Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- Achieving Balance, Ffyona Dawber, Synergy Vision, London, United Kingdom, Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Service – Pharmaceuticals
- Yvonne Clarke, Managing Director, Pathways Community Interest Company, Crewe, United Kingdom, Female Executive of the Year – Government or Non-Profit
- Deborah Mitchell Heaven Health & Beauty Ltd., Deborah Mitchell Heaven Health & Beauty Ltd., Company of the Year – Consumer Products
The 2014 Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Organizations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award include Accenture, Bitsy’s Brainfood, Dubai Police General HQ, LLORENTE & CUENCA, MWW, Nerium International, Newberry Executive Solutions, LLC, and Xceed Financial Credit Union. For a complete list of Stevie Award winners and more information, visit www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
Entries for the 2015 edition of the awards will open next May.