Earlier this year, the Alison Rose Review identified the three biggest opportunities to help female entrepreneurs, which included “…relatable and accessible mentors and networks”. Since 2003 the NatWest everywoman Awards has been providing exactly this by building a community of the UK’s leading female business owners and connecting them with peers, advisors and investors.
Today the Awards invite nominations from a new intake of businesswomen whose vision and industry have seen their companies grow from fledgling startups into profitable organisations. Renowned as one of the most prestigious business awards, previous winners have found it a platform from which funding, mentors and national recognition have been gained.
Karen Emanuel, CEO of Key Production Group and 2018 NatWest everywoman Award “Woman of the Year” winner stated: “It was an incredible experience winning the award. After over 28 years in business, I suddenly felt validated and realised how much I have achieved with the help and hard work of my teams, who is as delighted as I am. Thank you, everywoman, who is doing an amazing job.”
The NatWest everywoman Awards are free to enter and the nominations are judged by a panel of esteemed female entrepreneurs whose own journeys mirror those of the entrants: Rosaleen Blair CBE (Alexander Mann); Joanna Hansford (Jo Hansford); Chrissie Rucker MBE (The White Company); Cath Kidston MBE (Cath Kidston); Melissa Odabash; and Poonam Gupta OBE (PG Paper), amongst others. The awards are under the patronage of the UK’s most successful female entrepreneur, Dame Mary Perkins, Founder of Specsavers.
Karen Gill MBE, Co-Founder of everywoman, the leading organisation for the advancement of women in business, comments, “The Rose Review upholds what we have been saying for 20 years, that if women have the necessary support, we will see a significant jump in female-run businesses and an economic boost worth £250 billion. Much has changed since we launched everywoman in 1999; the internet was in its infancy and funding for female entrepreneurs was non-existent, yet without more action the fiscal potential will remain unrealised. Our Awards provide a vital platform to celebrate and share the experiences of inspirational business owners and we urge talented entrepreneurs to put themselves forward and acknowledge their achievements.”
Yvonne Greeves, Head of Women in Business, at NatWest, says: “We are very proud to recognise these women, who are not just successful in their own businesses, but are also great role models. The importance of women in business cannot be underestimated, so we hope these role models will inspire other women to take their first steps in business. To help these entrepreneurs and would-be business owners, NatWest has a network of over 500 externally accredited Women in Business specialists who understand our customers’ ambitions and provide business advice, mentoring and networking opportunities.”
The Awards will feature eight categories for businesses in the early stages through to established companies which have successfully scaled. New for 2019 is the Fortuna Award, recognising a woman who has made an impact on a female founded business through investment.
The 2019 award categories are as follows:
- FORTUNA – Brand new for 2019, this award recognises a stand-out individual who invests in women-founded businesses
- GAIA – Celebrating an inspirational female founder of a social enterprise who has combined strong community benefit with a sustainable business model
- APHRODITE – sponsored by Daily Mail – Awarded to a woman who founded her business whilst raising a child/children aged 12 or under
- BRAND OF THE FUTURE – sponsored by The White Company – Awarded to the female founder of a business that demonstrates great potential for growth
- ARTEMIS – Awarded to an inspirational woman running a business trading for 18 months to 3 years
- DEMETER – Awarded to an inspirational woman running a business trading from 3 to 5 years
- ATHENA – Awarded to an inspirational woman running a business trading from 6 to 9 years
- HERA – Awarded to an inspirational woman running a business trading for 10 years or more
Entries close on 8 July. This year’s winners will be announced at a ceremony on 3 December 2019 at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel. For further information and to nominate visit everywoman.com/ewawards