- I don’t have a business idea (32%)
- No start up finance (25%)
- I’m not good enough to start a business (13%)
- I wouldn’t be able to do it alone with no support (10%)
- I don’t have the qualification (6%) or experience
If one of these barriers is true for you, there are lots of ways to break through.
Short on ideas? Browse this site, and you’ll find lots of inspiring ideas and business opportunities.
No start up finance – look at the articles about low cost business ideas.
Feeling that you’re not good enough? Read about other mums in our mumpreneur profiles and you’ll find all sorts of people can start a biz.
Worried about lack of support? There are lots of other mums in business: read our tips on networking and find support that way.
Feeling underqualified? We have a great series of posts from women who have retrained or changed careers.
Break down your ideas to work for yourself into small steps, take one step at a time and you will soon achieve your goal.
Survey was carried out for Avon, between 05/02/2016 and 09/02/2016 on 2,000 full/part-time employed UK women.