Want help to start your own business? DE Startup Lab and PLUSBaby Seminars present Mama Starts© a baby-friendly event empowering mothers professionally and personally.
About this Event
Mama Starts© is a baby-friendly event bringing together speakers to educate mothers on their legal rights, mental health and starting their own business. The event’s mission is to simplify, educate and provide the necessary tools for success, because your success story is also ours!
9:30am – 10:30am Tea & Coffee (Networking)
10:20am – 10:30am Intros and House Keeping
10:30am – 11:15am Winckworth Sherwood LLP
Louise and Ellie from law firm Winckworth Sherwood LLP will talk about common legal issues which affect parents on maternity or shared parental leave, including;
- Rights while on leave;
- Rights when returning to work; and
- Starting a business or going freelance while on leave and when this might cross the line into unlawful conduct.
11:15am – 12:00pm DE Startup Lab
Dahlia and Elena from DE Startup Lab Ltd will talk about:
- Defining a business idea or deciding to go freelance
- Essentials for starting a business or going freelance
12:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch by Yhangry
– Baby and Mum Activity (optional) by BabyBrains
1:00pm – 2:00pm The Mumologist
Dr Emma Svanberg, The Mumologist, will talk about:
- The transition to motherhood, emphasising on expectations versus the reality for professional women
- The identity crisis that may happen during this transition
- How relationship dynamics change when becoming a mother, and
- Touch on postnatal depression and anxiety – what to look out for and how to seek help
The event is organised by DE STARTUP LAB, an online platform empowering busy, ambitious women to start their own business via online courses, workshops and access to a network of successful and like minded professionals.
We support professional women transitioning into motherhood, focussing on building confidence, clarity in redefining career goals and self care.
We offer guidance with getting organised, honing in on business ideas and assists with the initial stages of getting a business off the ground. Designed to allow for busy and unpredictable lifestyles, so that members work at their own pace wherever it is suitable for them.