Shikha of www.mylittlefoodcritic.com has created many nutritious family friendly recipes, and during the lockdown she has kindly shared some with Family Friendly Working readers. Each recipe is designed to use store cupboard ingredients to come up with inspiration for a family friendly meal. We hope you enjoy cooking and eating them! Come back next week for another recipe.
Creamy Tomato Pasta
All toddlers love pasta right?! I first made this pasta dish when the fridge was a little bare and it resulted in this bowl of deliciousness!
This super quick flavoursome sauce comes together while the pasta cooks and it is so creamy and delicious! It couldn’t be any easier!
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Serves: 1 adult & 1 toddler
- Suitable From: 6 months +
What do you need?
- 1 cup pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- A large handful of spinach or frozen spinach, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh or frozen basil
- 1/4 cup of jarred passata or tinned crushed tomatoes
- A pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup full fat cream cheese or substitute grated cheddar cheese
- A splash of milk
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic for a couple of minutes. Add in the spinach and basil and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add in the cream cheese and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Add in a splash of milk if the sauce is a little thick.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stirring well.
Shikha has created four eBooks, perfect for busy parents in need of quick and easy food ideas. The range includes ‘Toddler Friendly Family Meals’, ‘Easy Healthy Snacks’, ‘Family Friendly Instant Pot’ and the recently launched ‘Authentic Indian Family Food’, the first Indian recipe eBook featuring dishes suitable from six months and up (all £8.99). Available from www.mylittlefoodcritic.com, Shikha also shares daily recipes and advice on @my.little.food.critic