As the weather begins to warm up and the days are longer and the evenings lighter, it’s no surprise that we are all wanting to spend more time outside. As we transition to spending more time outdoors and create a personal escape and sanctum at home, families across the country are making the most of their gardens, balconies, patios, and terraces.
Spending quality time outdoors as a family, or embarking on the next staycation, it is important that parents still have the necessities to hand, to make life easier when dining and socialising alfresco. Ensuring parents have the essentials they need to do exactly that, the STOKKE® CLIKK™ HIGHCHAIR is the perfect furniture addition to bring the inside out, no matter how big or small your space and guarantees no one will miss out on the fun of family mealtimes outside.
As we look to our outdoor areas as an extension of the home, Flossie Saunders, Stylist, has shared 8 ways you can bring the inside out and transform your outside space to be the envy of your friends, family and neighbours.
- Introduce soft furnishings – We often look to textiles and soft furnishings as a way to add warmth and change the look of a space indoors, but the same rule applies for the outside. Adding some beautiful textiles is a quick and cost-effective way to reinvent an outdoor area. Consider adding an outdoor rug under your eating area, like those Oriental rugs, and invest in a tablecloth to elevate outdoor dining. Adding a sheepskin to benches or large cushions to the ground is perfect for softening areas and creating comfort for little ones and throws over the backs of chairs will not only look stylish but also come in pretty handy with the cooler summer nights.
- Get creative with colour – Bright colours really pop in the sunlight, and work in a garden large or small. Get creative and use colour to your advantage to create zones of colour within your garden, as you would an open living space.
- Invest in lights – Whether it be solar operated festoon lights adorned on a tree or balcony, electric lights installed on your decking, candles flickering on your table, or large pillar candles in lanterns. By adding lights, it allows you to use your space long into the night. Call electrician in Green Bay to install it for you.
- Don’t forget the finishing touches – Just as you might indoors, adding the finishing touches to a table setting outdoors can transport your dining space from fine to fabulous. A vase or small vases of seasonal blooms and flowers on your outdoor table and lit candles. Don’t be afraid to use table linen to make a real impact when dining alfresco with family and friends. #tablescapes
- Open up the space – Want to create the illusion of more space? An outdoor mirror hung or resting on a wall is perfect for reflecting both the light and the space, so your garden or terrace can seem much bigger than it really is.
- Make the most of your space – It’s important to make the most of the space you have available, so it pays to be practical. Look for furniture that can be easily positioned around the house or outside, so families can sit together anywhere, in their gardens on patios, terraces or balconies. Leverage your small space by using furniture that can fold away with ease when not in use and be easily stored, or even travel with you such as the STOKKE® CLIKK™ HIGHCHAIR. When you shop in a furniture store, look for a design-friendly and family-friendly piece of furniture that looks good and connects family life seamlessly from inside to out.
- Create an outdoor kitchen – Having spent so much time at home, many of us are starting to consider the environment much more and are getting back to nature by growing our own fruit and veg. If you have the space and the budget available, taking this one step further to building an outdoor kitchen or getting a pizza oven can create the perfect summer setting for alfresco dining.
- Let your plants do the talking – Flowers and plants can very easily become statement features that will catch the eye and be the focal point, drawing attention away from the areas that might be less attractive within your outdoor space. Attaching a trellis to a wall or using vertical planters can create an outdoor “wallpaper” that is visually striking but can also change with the seasons. Your landscaping trees also need TLC. There are tree service companies that can help maintain the healthy appearance of your trees.