By Karen J. Gerrard Founder SEAMS
Are you a working mum? If so, you then have 2 jobs one at home and one in the office, that literally means being on call 24 hours a day and doesn’t leave much time for a beauty regime! Although there’s something about getting made up for work that immediately makes you feel better but if you can’t fit this it into your schedule here are some beauty hacks you can do whilst at your desk.
Keep a quick fix emergency kit in your desk drawer at all times, there’s no need to buy anything new as you probably have all these items at home.
- To keep your lips soft dab it on throughout the day, and it can also double up as a lip gloss if you’ve left yours at home or add in some bronzer for a hint of colour.
- Got a minor cut or scrape that’s not quite healed, dab on some Vaseline to help it heal but make sure you have cleaned the area first.
- Add a spot to the ends of your hair for shine.
- Sneezing? Apply a dab to the end of your nose to prevent sores. I have just got over a cold and discovered by chance another little trick, I didn’t have any tissues in the house and started to use soft paper napkins, they are thicker last longer and my nose didn’t get sore.
- Greasy skin and left your powder at home? Use some sticky tape to blot the oil from your face. Sticky tape is also great to get fluff off your clothes.
SEAMS Couturiers Hand Cream
- Will help to mend papercuts,
- Keep your skin soft and supple to get the most from your hands.
- Add a spot to the ends of your hair to tame flyaway split ends.
- Not had time to use a body lotion? Massage in some SEAMS to your ankles or any exposed areas of skin for an instant glow.
- It’s not greasy so you can use it quickly whilst working.
- Keep it neural and light, heavy make-up may look good at the start of the day but unless properly maintained it can look streaky by the afternoon.
- A dark coloured lipstick leaves a stain on your lips as it comes off on a coffee cup, a nude colour will not stain your lips and is easier to apply when in a rush. There’s a good selection of shades by L’Oréal Paris.
- Concealer – Choose a colour that matches your skin and dab it under your eyes and on any blemishes. Blend in with a brush so as not to get dirty marks on your fingertips. I also use this to cover my eyelids. Try Maybelline Eraser Concealer.
- Bronzer – doesn’t have to mean orange! Use a powder so that your fingers don’t get stained, brush it over your cheek bones, sides of the temples and eye lids. Use a shade that’s only 1 or 2 tones darker than your skin. Mac Bronzing powder comes in a good range of colours
- Keep your skin moisturised throughout the day try Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra 8 Face Moisturiser Mist Sensitive Skin
- Coffee – Got a zoom and your hairline is grey, dab some of your coffee mixed with water on the roots for a quick fix, expresso coffee is the best. Be sure to wipe it off at the end of the day so as not to leave marks on your pillow
- Bulldog clip – got long hair and haven’t had time to wash and blow dry? Never be anywhere without a hair tie, and there’s lots of things you can do with a bulldog hair clip to tie it back and look stylish. Or in an emergency use an office bulldog clip, if you are on a zoom it won’t be seen if at the back of your head or twist your hair so that it covers the clip.
Chipped Nail Varnish
- Again, keep it nude so if it does chip it’s not so noticeable.
- If you have a favourite colour, then keep an older half used bottle at your desk to smudge on chips and finish with Jessica Quick Dry 60 second oil.
- Time to do a total re-varnish! That’s if you have the luxury of a lunch hour, then have a Nails Inc SOS pen handy to quickly remove any mistakes.
- Another tip I have discovered not for beauty but still useful is to use a white pencil rubber to get pen marks off leather handbags and purses.
Karen J Gerrard is a leading beauty entrepreneur and businesswoman. She’s the founder of www.seamsbeauty.co.uk