Shikha of www.mylittlefoodcritic.com has created many nutritious family friendly recipes, and during the lockdown she has kindly shared some with Family Friendly Working readers. Each recipe is designed to use store cupboard ingredients to come up with inspiration for a family friendly meal. We hope you enjoy cooking and eating them! Come back next week for another recipe.
Tuna & Sweetcorn Fritters
When you need dinner in 15 minutes, these crispy fritters are the answer! Using canned tuna is so convenient and quick and you know that your little one is getting a good boost of protein. Double up and you have lunch for the next day too!
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 1 adult & 1 toddler
- Suitable From: 6 months +
- Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
- 1 can tinned tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can tinned sweetcorn, drained
- A large handful of chopped parsley
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsps spelt flour (or plain flour)
- A dash of milk
- A handful of grated cheese
- Add the fish, sweet corn, parsley, garlic, flour and milk to a bowl. Stir until combined.
- Crack in the egg and whisk well.
- Heat some oil in a pan and use an ice cream scoop to pour on the batter. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
If you prefer a smoother texture, you can whizz the ingredients in a blender to break down the sweetcorn kernels.
Shikha has created four eBooks, perfect for busy parents in need of quick and easy food ideas. The range includes ‘Toddler Friendly Family Meals’, ‘Easy Healthy Snacks’, ‘Family Friendly Instant Pot’ and the recently launched ‘Authentic Indian Family Food’, the first Indian recipe eBook featuring dishes suitable from six months and up (all £8.99). Available from www.mylittlefoodcritic.com, Shikha also shares daily recipes and advice on @my.little.food.critic