It’s been well documented that we are the average of the five people we most associate with, and when it comes to business, it’s even more important to consider our peer groups. As a progressive creative events agency, Shout About has launched their very own podcast; Shout About London. Read on to find their tips for making this authentic platform a vital business tool:-
- A good guest is everything – invite guests on who are primarily connected to your industry, but let them have free reign to talk and share stories. The open-endedness of the podcast allows for brilliant anecdotes to emerge, meaning it will never become boring to you or your listeners.
- Don’t sweat mistakes – they are going to happen, so just roll with it. Besides, listeners may not ever pick up on it, and they’ll always be the next podcast to rectify anything.
- Know your audience – target your perfectly produced podcast at everyone and it will resonate with no one. Think about where you can really add value and focus on that.
- Behind the scenes are just as important – we are talking about the production team here, or at least an adept producer. Our first show sounded like it was recorded in the bath as we didn’t know what we were doing. We didn’t sweat it, instead we hired the best producer we could afford.
- Be Patient – podcasts take time and it could take years before you see a return financially (if ever).
For the Love of London